SOME QUICK THOUGHTS ON THE NEW EXECUTIVE ORDER ON AI
Written By: Chet Hayes, Vertosoft CTO
The recent Executive Order from the White House attempts to define a framework for the development and use of Artificial Intelligence (AI).
A few key takeaways for technology companies looking to do business with government include:
- Standardized Evaluations: A call for standardized evaluations to ensure AI systems are safe, secure, and function as intended before deployment.
- Promotion of Innovation: Encourages responsible innovation, competition, and collaboration to maintain the US lead in AI technology.
- Support for American Workers: Emphasizes on adapting job training and education to support the workforce in the AI-driven economy.
- Consumer Protections: Ensures existing consumer protection laws are enforced in the evolving tech landscape.
- Global Collaboration: Aims for international collaboration to manage AI’s risks and unlock its potential globally.
Vertosoft’s Artificial Intelligence LaunchPad provides proven technologies that can help organizations align with the executive order and advance the use of AI within government organizations.